Barbara Duffin-Bates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<<<<Lately, on occasion, particularly after supper when he
is tired, my husband has this odd speech problem.  He
will talk to me, but his selection of words will not
make any sense.  Sometimes, he loses the thread of
what he is trying to say too.  This never lasts longer
than a few minutes, but it is very distressing to me.
Has anyone else out there experienced this phenomenon?

He is 56 and was diagnosed 12 years ago.  He did have
an MRI recently but we have not yet received the
results.

thanks all,
Barb Bates>>>>

Barb, I observe that there is some reduction in 'thinking speed' at the
end of a med period - (that is, my evening meal is usually after 30 to
60 minutes after I have taken my half-25/250 carbidopa/levodopa and
half-Permax 0.25) - and I consider that this is due to the fact that the
medication is not yet in my brain where needed AND the digestion process
has 'moved' most of the blood 'transporters' to the stomach and lower
intestine where the food resources/nutrients are becoming available.
the latter 'concentration' of blood to do the metabolism seems to reduce
the available blood nutrients to the brain - and sometimes there is too
much protein or fat or ??? that keeps the medication in the stomach and
I remain underdosed.
hope there is some value to you in these observations.
Happy Holidays to All of you listers.

postscript: thank you for the  <<<Jim Finn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: IMPORTANT: UPDATE #1 Pig-cell implant>>>

message. Do you get any information on the others who have been
'treated' to porcine fetal cell implants?
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>