Greetings,

I had a second thalamotomy on Monday of this week and I regret the fact that
the operation has been disappointing. For the first 12 hours after surgery, I
was in a blissful state.  Then the trusty tremor returned in full force.  I
was told by the neurosurgeon that quite often it takes a couple of weeks for
the benefits can be oserved.  In the meantime, I'm just biding my time.
Also, I've returned to my old regimen, plus three new meds.  Before the
operation, I took:

4.5 mg. of senimet 25/100
4  sinemet CR 50/200
2.5 mg. of permax
300 mg. of amantadine
20 mg. prozac

Then, I added the following at the neurosurgeon's suggestion:

8 mg. of dixone (designed to reduces swelling in the brain). I hope to be off
this in about a week, because I believe that it is the likely suspect that is
causing my mushy mind. The only other symtom I currently have is a    foggie
voice--almost a whisper

6 artane (aka trihexypenidyl)

10 mg, ambien taken before retiring for the evening (a sleeping pill)

For the past couple of days, the sinemet has kicked in and as long as I stay
medicated, I have no tremor.

If anyone on the network has a similar experience or for that matter would
simply like to pass on comments, I would be very appreciative.

George L. Bousliman
Helena, MT
Age 56;diagnosedin 1989