Oh dear Jeremy - I seem to have got caught in the backwash from one of your
rebellious phases. I'll bet you even had your trouseres on back-to-front
when you wrote your piece about my comments on Amantadine. I do think that
you were somewhat over-critical in this case, for the following reasons.

1/ When anyone writes to the list asking for comments or opinions, then
as soon as we start typing a reply, we are, like-it-or-not, joining in the
advice game. Almost everyyhing that we write coult be deemed to be an
attempt to advise or influence the recipient. Even if you wrote "Ignore
the following comments", you are still offering advice and influence.

2/ So, I accept that I was offering advice, but if you read carefully what
I said , you will see that I was quoting independent references, and giving
my opinion of the relevance of Christine's input, and all those inputs were
agreeing with and supporting Mike's unease at the advice given to him.

3/ I most definitely did not say 'take my advice' at any point in the reply.
What I did do was offer the use of my program, which simply attempts to help
the user make the most effective use of the tablets which have been
prescribed for him/her. I consider that to be a perfectly proper occupation

4/ I am sure that you know that I have no medical qualifications. However,
I have demonstrated my program to two highly respected neurologists at the
Queen's Medical Centre at Nottingham, and have received their encouragement
and support.

5/ At the end of my note I suggested that Mary and Mike ask their MD for
second opinion. I presume that you have no quarrel with this, as I
note that in a separate posting, a certain Jeremy Browne does not merely
advise, but insists that the recipient of his "advice" actually changes
her neuro's prescription to another compound without the neur's knowledge.
What aws that bit about 'dangerous ground' , Jeremy?

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>