Kathie wrote.......

>BTW, we just caught the tail end of a news documentary on nutrition and
>down's syndrome...studies showing that the down's babies main deficiency is
>an inability to properly assimilate nutrients, causing ever-increasing
>damage due to basically malnutrition. Some very convincing shots of down's
>kids who are using a high-nutrient formula, very rich in amino acids, doing
>really well compared to their degenerating counterparts.

I caught the same program.  I thought it was a breakthrough and I really
hope it was true!.  I was also bothered by medical establishment's response
to the findings.  The idea of running a double blind experiment the results
of which would be profound development delay for the control group is deeply
repugnant to me.
                                                                   Peace, John