Perhaps someone has better figures on the incidence of PD.  The
Parkinson Wed says over a million in the USA have it, and 20 per 100000
of population develop it each year.

There is a view that we are asymptomatic until the disease(defined by
deterioration of neurons) has progressed considerably.  This is
consistent with the observation of some of us that certain ambiguous
symptoms appear years before diagnosis (thus "asymptomatic" above is not
the best adjective).  In my own case, over 25 years transpired from when
I first began to lose my sense of smell and when I was diagnosed.  ALso,
after diagnosis, people who knew me thought I had a PD personlity for
years.

What this means, if true, is that there are many people who will be
diagnosed in the future, such that if  you count a million people with
the disease today, there are a large number of people who have the
disease in the "asymptomatic" stage, and others still who will develop
the disease (and go through an aymptomatic phase.)

Two points. (1) We should not use the million figure, if it means those
who are now diagnosed;  the actual figure of those having the disease is
much larger.  (2) We should encourage development of early techniques of
diagnosis during the early asymptomatic phases so that a) when
progression-slowing drugs are available, they can be used in the early
stages, and b) those who know that they with some probability are going
to have the disease in the future, will feel a vested interest to
support research into the causes and cures of PD.

Are you aware of any accurate figures on what percentage of those in the
USA will get the disease and any successful methods of early diagnosis
that can be used as mass screening.  I have heard of smell tests, and
motor tests, as well as the unwieldy PET scans.