Hi
I am one of the lucky ones this year having Christmas the way it is described
in popular songs and tales in the USA.

Wind chill factor will be about -20 today. Temp is about 3 F. cloudy,
overcast and a sprinkle of snow.  Our neighborhood (about 30 square blocks)
willl have luminaries lining all sidewalks and driveways from sunset on Dec
24 until dawn.  Most of the trees and shrubs are wrapped in strings of tiny
white lights.  (The roofers will have finished replacing our roof, damaged by
hail in May, if the snow doesn't increase)

All of the family will gather at our home on Christmas Day.
(3 sons and 1 daughter and the first time in seven years we have all had
Christmas together).  Drew  (Prague, Czech Rep) and Derek, (Herrenberg,
Germany) were on the same flight  arriving on Thursday pm.  Jon and Patti
(Mountain View, CA) arrived on Sunday and Emily/Gary and Wyatt will arrive on
Christmas Eve.   We will have 36 hours with the family gathered around the
table together.

Christmas has had very special meaning for us because Christmas Eve  marks
the 30th anniversary of the day we adopted Emily....our first child.   Yes,
there is a Santa Claus and he delivers warm cuddly bundles in pink blankets
and large red stockings!

If my Sinemet holds out....I will be an active participant in warm family
activities for the next week!

Rita Weeks
Lincoln, NE