Barbara Blake-Krebs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<<<It's been @ two months now since an associate of my chief neuro
increased my
 Elavil (Amitriptylene) from 25 mg/night to 100 mg /night to help w/neck
pain.  This is one of the various uses for this drug, & it was the first
drug
ever  prescribed for me, lo so many years ago.    In addition, he
prescribed
Ibuprofen w/meals.

For a little  longer than two months ago, I have been receiving massage
therapy by a licensed therapiist who concentrates primarily on my
neck/shoulder area.

The result so far is I'm experiencing noticeably less
neck/throat/shoulder
pain on most days, &  I'm also having more quality "on" time.  My other
meds
at present are  2 Xanax, 0.25, per day, 4 Sinemets, 25/100, per day, &
3
Parlodel. 2.5, per day.

On another note,  I am having a lot of fun pursuing my genealogy on the
 Internet--some around me would say  to the detriment of everything
else,
like gift-buying or keeping  current on this  wonderful list (a few
digests
backed up in my queue!).

I count all my Internet families among this years Greatest Blessings!

Barbara Blake-Krebs       (dx 1984, 56  years young)

how might my perception of my neck, back, shoulder, arm aches and pains
possibly relate to yours?

my observing->judging->acting reiteratively has convinced me that my
many hours using the right arm held out on the track-ball - fighting my
tremor and ridgidity to make the cursor move exactly where it has to go
IS THE CAUSE of the muscle complaints that you describe!

try locating it or mouse where your arm is completely supported. or sort
of in your lap with the fewest muscle loadings that are possible.

Of course, we can limit our typing time, but some of us are long-winded
on these communications.  and we won't shut up until we damn please
(grin) (giggle) other loquacious onomatopeic tintinnabulations  - even
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious can be said (some of this may not be
worth the trouble to type or to read) Julie Andrews sang the
supercalifragilistic thing if you wish to give your throat exercise, do
that
or
take a break from typing and mousing and tracking  HH (= Happy
Holidays!)

--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>