Piet Van der Poorten cited "When bad things happen to good people"
snip.. author is Harold S.Kushner, the editor is Simon & Schuster,
New-York ... second book "When all you've ever wanted isn't enough" is
even better. ..those two did
have a realistic impact on my life. His ideas have the power to change
things.
..at the beginning I was a little scared there would be not only a
perceptible culture gap, but especially a different way of handling
problems and feelings related to our PD. At this moment I know better,
if there is a difference it's only our language..... I'm proud to be a
member of this group.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Piet Van der Poorten (Belgium)

We read and discussed the first book beneficially after the tragic death
by auto impact of our daughter. I sense that Piet has learned that
goodness is really core value adult responsibility and sensitivity for
the individuals who comprise the us of this group - membership of the
human race is open to all - yes, caring for self is important -
necessary - as is caring for other life - and our collective future
progeny which is all part of the group.

Piet Hein per recall wrote "Grooks" (I was exposed to the little book in
1968 during a meaningful change event in my life journey) - one was:
"I'd like to know
what this whole show
is all about
before it's out"

Your name reminded me of it. The event was a sensitivity training
intensive experience in which were persons of various ages, male and
female, priests, nuns, students, plant managers, housewife, ex-bunny,
psychologists, et cetera including me - a young chemical engineer rocket
scientist. We are all in somewhat of a shell - or behind walls - afraid
that we will not be accepted if we have less than sufficient
self-esteem. the essence or core of being adult is participating in the
caring about others that eventually includes the aggregate self of human
society.

thanks for the memory trigger. I suggest Dr. David Burns book, The
Feeling Good Handbook, is a good read. (picking a nit, I will relate
that Simon & Schuster is "publisher" - not "editor" of Kushner's book.)
I, too am proud to be a member of this space-ship earth group.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>