Dear all

Yesterday (Christmas morning) my radio went off asking for an EMT &
driver for a medical run. ( I've been a volunteer EMT for 9yrs). I
responded along with a driver to a 40 yr old woman having severe chest
pains. She had had these pains since the previous night!  En route to the
hospital her heart went into V-fib. I was able to defibrillate her with a
semi-automatic debif. machine and get her heart beating properly again to
the point that when we met the paramedics she was talking to us.

The point of my telling this is to remind everyone if you have chest
pains that don't subside after 10 min of rest, numbness in your arm(s),
neck, or nausea,
access the medical system IMMEDIATELY.  Early intervention will prevent
possible damage to the heart and mind. If you don't know CPR contact the
Red Cross or your local EMS group or hospital and LEARN CPR. If you need
a refresher course, get it done!

Please - do it for the ones you love (and your self). You will never
regret learning how to save a life.  Early CPR and early defibrillation
SAVES LIVES.

Jon Meyer 39/1 ([log in to unmask])
another Hoosier