Bernard JOLY wrote:

> I have just subscribed to the Parkinsn Network, and I give the group some
> information about myself : I am French, living near Paris, born 1933, PD
> diagnosed 1988, retired since 1993, married, 5 kids.
> The dozen of messages I already received make me ask some questions :
>
> - What are the topics generally discussed on the network ?
> - Are you patients, caregivers, other ?
> - Are you from several countries ?
>
> Thank you in advance for your answers
> Best wishes for a happy new year
> Bernard JOLY

Welcome!

My husband has PD, we are from the eastern USA.  He was born in 1936,
was diagnosed in 1993, retired in 1995.  We have 5 children and 4
grandchildren.

The topics on the list are varied.  Since we have become a global family
we sometimes drift away from the topic a bit. We make jokes at each
others expenses (but always in fun).  We grow very fond and concerned
about one another, so along with the very important topics (medication,
treatment, surgery, symptoms, exercises, and other problems associated
with PD)we write about personal experiences and fears.

Fuad and I have found this list and the Parkinsons channel a very
wonderful sorce of information and support.  We look forward to it every
day.

Barb J (There are lots of Barbs here)
aka MotherHen