At 06:10 PM 12/21/96 -0500, you wrote:

>The other list I correspond with ( and really you should know about, because it
>is called ONCE for Older Netherlands Speaking Cyberspace Enthusiasts ), had
some
>strange happenings with their picture exchanges. It turned some of them off and
>the alarm went out that receiving pictures is one of the ways virusses can
enter
>your computer.
>So, be aware and keep scanning for some possible, sneaky, virus, or avoid the
>problem by staying away from picture exchanges.
>
>Happy holidays,
>
>Will
>
>P.S. What is binhex transfer?
>
>Will A. Kuipers

Dear Will and listfriends,

I'm aware of the danger of viruses.
I run the following virusscanners cross eachother and use
them all as a shield. It slows down my pc a little with the
firing up but it's maybe 30 secs:)

Norton Antivirus
Thunderbyte
MacAfee
and sometimes I use the IBM-W95 virusscanner

No 100 % garantee, but more than 95 %

I use Eudora light for W95. It has two translation options :

MIME and BINHEX  : read the letter of Barb Mallut.

Kees Paap