On Sat 21 Dec, Kathie Tollifson wrote:
> Barbara writes:
>

> >Has anyone tried Annetta's PD treatment using liquid deprenyl?
> >
> >What do we know about liquid deprenyl, is it better than tablets?
> -
> I find the liquid deprenyl to be MUCH stronger than the tablets, don't know
> if that means better. My tolerance for the liquid topped out at about 4 mgs
> a day to prevent too much sleep disturbance.
>
> When I checked out Annetta's regimen I discovered I was already using many
> of the same supplements. I added DHEA and still take it, I used the liquid
> deprenyl for a while and would use it again, I never did get the Cell Guard,
> and probably should. I think she also uses Sun Chlorella, which I love but
> don't take with any regularity mainly because my threshhold for pill-popping
> was crossed many moons ago, and you have to eat lots of those little green
> pills.
>
> I believe her program has definite merit although I don't think I would be
> able to discontinue sinemet as she did. I would also have trouble with the
> huge volume of pills/supplements and the required religious dosing, probably
> a character flaw on my part.
>
> BTW, we just caught the tail end of a news documentary on nutrition and
> down's syndrome...studies showing that the down's babies main deficiency is
> an inability to properly assimilate nutrients, causing ever-increasing
> damage due to basically malnutrition. Some very convincing shots of down's
> kids who are using a high-nutrient formula, very rich in amino acids, doing
> really well compared to their degenerating counterparts.
>
> I for one am making a New Year's resolution to be more diligent in the
> taking of my supplements, and wiser about dietary choices. I noted a BBB
> article stating that they have found a way to get chemo drugs into the brain
> past the barrier by injecting sugar (manitol) into the brain, it creates a
> very brief window of time that the blood brain barrier sorta relaxes and the
> chemo drugs can pass. Makes me wonder how my excessive use of sugar as my
> main food group has compromised my neurological health.
>
> Kathie Tollifson

I am continually amazed at the seewmingly casual abandon with which some people
are prepared to swallow an endless array of potentially mind-altering
drugs. I am not addressing anyone in particular - just commenting on what I
have observed to be a sort of free and easy attitude toward the drugs which we
have to take. In comparison, every change that I make to my meds is only done
after research, cross-questioning my neurologist, and any other checks I can
devise. Oh well, I suppose the appropriate phrase is 'Whatever turns you on'.

Incidentally, are you aware that as it breaks down in the brain, one of the
products from (Deprenyl, Eldepryl, or Selegiline = different names for the
same thing ) is amphetamine:- you are in danger of becoming  a 'Speed Freak'
as well!
Please - take care
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>