Hello

I feel very young to be on this list.  I will celebrate my 48th in March and I
was diagnosed over a year ago.  I have symptoms for nearly a year before I went
to the doctor.  I did not want to acknowledge that I had Parkinson's Disease.
Since then my progressive disease is progressing right along.  I began with
depression, clinical depression, and a tremor developed in my right and.  It
seemed to be contained, until one night.  I will never forget it.  It was
depressing and funny at the same time.
        Have you ever scratched a dogs back or side and watched his leg twitch?
 Yes?  Well, I went to bed and began to relax.  Suddenly my leg was going crazy
and all I could do was LAUGH, it was so silly.
Since then I have begun to have restless leg syndromn and the tremors are
getting more severe.  I take my sinemet 4/day and eldyprel 2/day and paxil 2/day
(1 in am and 2 in pm) and this week I have begun to take clonazepam 2/day.
        Now you know where I am.  I work in an information and referral office
helping other people, especially homeless and poor, access services of all
types.  Many of my clients who know of my PD, (it gets obvious sometimes) ask
why I do not go on disability.  I believe at this point that would be a lie.  I
can still work and be effective.  If the day comes when I cannot, then I guess
the folks in the hospital can do whatever they want, it won't matter to me.  I
do not intend to give up until there is absolutely NOTHING I can do.
        My clients often begin by whinning about their situations and stop to
listen when they learn a little of my problems.
        I don't seem to be able to find other early onset PD folks in the far
north of California, and I am beginning to feel that I need someone to talk to
sometimes.  Also, I get depressed all over again with each new symptom.  It
would help if I had some people other than the doctor to talk with.  Also, I am
a reaearcher by my job.  I can/will help anyone searching for nearly any
information.  Just write, call, email, or fax me.

Here's Shaking With You
Marling McReynolds,   Director SHCRC the People Center
mail: P.O. Box 2017 (or box 129) Redway, CA 95560
phone: 707-923-5220 (work) fax: 707-923-5221
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]