Bill & Bobbie Cotter wrote:

> One of the Reno Parkies needs all the help he can get.
>
> I sent Bill to the hospital in an ambulance night of 2/19...high fever,
> delirious,
> etc.  Drs diagnosed pneumonia, Bill went into respiratory failure in the ER.
> He is in ICU on respirator.  Fever under control, vitals stable, but having
> some
> problem regulating Parkinson meds for his immobility.  Nurses very
> cooperative,
> aware of "some" of PD symtoms, etc. but alarmed about dyskinesia.  When
> this occurred when I was not there they thought best to sedate Bill instead
> of
> trying to let him "ride it out" and consequently, he has slept for 2 days.
>  PD
> Dr left his Permax alone but cut his Sinemet dosage in half this noon and, so
> far, this seems to have stopped the dyskinesia.
>
> Does anyone else have experience with Parkie on life support???
>
> Bobbie Cotter  CG  for Bill (71/13)   [log in to unmask]   Reno, NV

Dear Bobbie,

Our prayers are certainly with you.  I know how frightened you must be.
When Fuad had his stroke last year we had a little trouble with over
medication, however, the hospital staff spaced his meds out to every
eight hours instead of five hours during the day, so I don't think he
got as bad.  He did have extra shaking about half hour after meds that
lasted about one hour.  The doctors left his meds the same though and
just let him ride it out.  Also, I stayed at the hospital with him 24
hours a day, so I could watch what was happening.  He was in ICU for 5
days.

Please let us know how Bill is doing.

Barb CG for Fuad 60/4+