Dear Bill,

     It is not uncommon in "older" patients.  I don't know if the  PD
contributes
or not, except in the effect of sleep loss.

     My husband was hospitalized a couple of years ago and a combination
of anxiety and PDs normal sleep disturbances kept him awake for about 72
hours.  First he didn't have any idea where he was and then, because he
could look out the window and see the tops of the lights in the parking lot,
he decided he was in an airplane and looking at runway lights, and wanted
to know where we had been.

     The Drs explained that "sleep deprivation" causes some very strange re-
actions and also the anxiety of being in a hospital can cause its own unusual
behavior.  When your Dad is better and home, I'm sure he will be OK.

Bobbie Cotter  CG  Bill (71/13)  Reno  NV