Hi:

Presented below is a patent abstract I retrieved from my newservice.  Can
anyone transalte this into English or relate it to something we peons can
understand?

                Ron Reiner (48 + 1.5yrs)
------
Pharmaceutical compositions for the treatment of central nervous system
disorders

Source: MicroPatent

MicroPatent via Individual Inc. : Abstract: Patients susceptible to or
suffering from central nervous system disorders (e.g., neurodegenerative
diseases including presenile dementia, senile dementia of the Alzheimer's
type, and Parkinsonism including Parkinson's disease, and other CNS
disorders including attention deficit disorder, schizophrenia and Tourette's
syndrome) are treated by administering an effective amount of
2-azabicyclo[2.2.1 ]hept-5-ene and 2-azabicyclo[2.2.2]oct-5-ene compounds.

Ex Claim Text: A method for treating a central nervous system disorder in a
patient in need thereof comprising administering to said patient an
effective amount of a compound having the formula: ##STR5## where X is
nitrogen or carbon bonded to a substituent species characterized as having a
sigma m value which is between about -0.3 and about 0.75; n is 2; R
individually represents hydrogen or alkyl containing one to five carbon
atoms; Z represents alkyl containing one to five carbon atoms; A and A'
individually represent hydrogen, alkyl containing one to seven carbon atoms,
or halo; A" represents hydrogen, alkyl containing one to seven carbon atoms,
halo or an aromatic group-containing species; the dashed line in the
structure represents a C--C double bond; the wavy line in the structure
represents that the compound can have an endo or exo form; p is an integer
ranging from 0 to 5; and Y represents hydrogen, alkyl containing one to
seven carbon atoms or an aromatic group-containing species.

Patent Number: 5583140

Issue Date: 1996 12 10

Inventor(s): Bencherif, MerouaneCaldwell, William S.

Dull, Gary M.

Lippiello, Patrick M.

If you would like to purchase a copy of this patent, please call MicroPatent
at 800-648-6787.

[12-24-96 at 15:56 EST, Copyright 1996, MicroPatent]