        I belong to a news service which permits you to select the
        type of news you wish to review. In todays brief message
        the following was provided. Help is coming our way from many
        fronts but we need to keep the pressure on our congress
        persons.

        So that I don't upset David about advertising, please
        understand that I am NOT advertising anything and I don't
        think John Walker is either...I understand that not all of
        us have access to the Internet except for EMail but for those
        who can access the WEB, John's contributions provide a lot
        of research information for the most reasonable price around
        .......nothing.

        Anyway, the site to subscribe to for the news service is....
               http://www.merc.com/
        and it is also free.

                         Science and Medicine

*** MIT researchers clarify way brain makes maps

Researchers said Thursday they had identified one of the genes that
help a mouse's brain build mental maps and confirmed the location in
the brain where that work is done. The Massachusetts Institute of
Technology scientists said their finding could be useful one day in
treating such diseases as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's.
It also appears to confirm a 47-year-old theory that memories are made
by strengthening the chemical connections between individual brain
cells. For the full text story, see
http://www.merc.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=903818-a5f

        Best Wishes......Jack

E. Jack Savely    [log in to unmask]    Topeka, Kansas
CG - Jeannette 58 - 20              Starliter on Chat
KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO'
Ad Astra per Aspera  -  'To the Stars through Difficulty'