Miriam and others
I strongly recommend finding not only a good neurologist (I have seen 3 and
found one I really like) but perhaps even more importantly find a good
pharmacist.  The pharmacist  holds your life in his hands.  He/she is the one
who will check for interactions of drugs.  With so many things being perscribed
for the PD if you have anything else wrong, you could be devtated.  I was
recently diagnosed as also having Gout.  I hate it.  I do not fit the profile,
however I have it.  Luckily the anti-inflamitory for gout does not interact with
my PD meds, HOWEVER, my pharmacist refused to fill the perscription for pain med
(vicodin) and told me that as long as I take eldepryl I will not be able to take
any of the opiate pain killers, and many others as well.  There is a possible
life threatening interaction between these pain killers and eldepryl.  In fact I
was told that I probably should only use Tylenal and nothing else (especially
asperian types)
Again, next to your neurologist the most important medical person you may have
is your pharmasist.
Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]