From:   "Carol Holt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   Fri, 27 Dec 1996 08:37:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Subject Lines
Ken - I am not picking on you.  I very much enjoy your posts.  (And
want to talk to you about radios one of these days.)  Also, I figure
you're a nice guy and won't be offended.  Your post is an excellent
example of what I want to discuss.  Besides, it's relatively short.

I also use the reply feature to answer posts via the internet.

You replied to "Christmas messages", but your post was not about
Christmas, but about your signature line.  I find that I am missing
some excellent posts because the sender is reacting to a previous
post, but essentially changing the subject.  If I didn't like or was
not interested in the original post, I would skip all replies.  I
find that I can no longer do that as some wonderful information and
insight has come as reaction to things I don't read about, such as
pallidotomies (I am too young and I hope I never have to make this
decision.).

Just a thought that some of us may want to either change the subject
or add a few words to the original subject line to indicate what the
post is really about.

And, Ken, I have been fascinated by your signature also.  Thanks for
the explanation.

Hoping this finds you all having a joyous Christmas and praying that
you and yours have a happy, and (relatively?) heathly new year.

Carol
Wife, mother, breast cancer survivor, parkinsonian