Martha Rohrer
Hello, It is good to hear from someone who knows where I am.  I really do live
in Humbldt County and it really is in California.   I understand what you mean
about the parks, I have traveled all across the country and to Europe.  No
matter where I go I always come back to the northcoast and the trees.  I have
found that I cannot live without redwood trees, wild rivers, mountains and the
ocean within an hour or so.  I guess I am lucky that I have all of this and more
just within our small area.

Yes, Dr. Krenek is in Eureka,  he is with Humboldt Neurology with offices in
both Eureka and Arcata.  I guess the main thing I like about Dr. Krenek is that
he is honest, straight to the point, and never evades questions.  If he has an
answer he gives it to me, and if he doesn't he tells me where to find it.
Meanwhile, he will be finding it also.

My tremor and leg problems are all on the right side, and sometimes I feel
lopsided.  But worst of all is my right knee.  I injured it years ago playing
volleyball.  Two surgeries later I have no cartiledge and a weakned anterior
ligament.  When the leg spasms started it was so uncomfortable.  Then, it felt
as muscles were pulling in different directions and pulling my weakened knee
apart.  I asked Dr. Krenek about this and at first he said I might be having an
orthopedic problem.  Then I told him about the toe curling, and he changed his
tone.  He then perscribed the clonazepam.

Dr. Krenek has been so good to me.  He has explained what each medication does,
how it is normally taken, and then told me what to watch for.  He has given me
minimums and maximums and asked me to keep in close touch with him.  I then
decide, depending upon my symptoms when to take what.  This makes me feel more
in control of something overwhich I cannot possibly have any control.

Martha I look forward to talking again with you over the net, or in person.  By
all means give your friend my number and address.  If he should like to call me,
I would be happy to talk with him.  There is a group in Eureka which meets once
a month.  Since I am 70 miles away and do not often have a vehicle, I do not go
to them meetings, but they send me copies of their newsletter.

Marling McReynolds, Director SHCRC the People Center
box 129(private) box 2017(office), both in Redway, CA 95560
office phone: 707-923-5221 and fax 707-923-5221
e-mail [log in to unmask]
office is at 77 Avenue of the Giants (the very bottom of the Avenue between
Phillipsville and Redway)