Dear Marling--welcometo the list and thanks for the reminder of some very
important info we've shared, but which many new members may not
have heard--namely, the warning about opiate painkillers. You have a very
"sharp" pharmacist!  We'veheard of the fact that Eldepryl/Deprenyl may have
 a life-threatening interaction with the pain killer Demerol.  But other
opiates ( Vicodin, Percocet, etc--the listgoes on..._ can compete with the PD
meds for the dopamine receptors and cause problems even for those who are
not taking Eldepryl.(This happened to Peter.)  So a reminder to ALWAYS check
carefully on any new meds ordered,and remember too that there may be as many as
THREE layers of names (trade, generic, and chemical) for one drug!  Whoever
said this was easy???  I hope some of the listmembers who are  also without
a live-in CG will respond to your inquiry on that subject.
Camilla Flintermann,Cg for Peter,78/7,Ohio