Don and Jan Medley
        You are such a blessing.  When I first began to research PD and was
being treated for it, I was looking at so much mystery.  I still am, but there
are some realities I can now attach to the nightmares that may make them a
little less like nightmares.  I was told that if I was a 'good girl' and took my
medication and did the exercises I could look forward to 20 or 30 years of
declining use of my body before I would be bound to a bed or wheelchair.  On the
other hand it could go somewhat quicker.  I thought '30 years from now I will be
76, my families average life span is 95, what about the other 20 years??????
Then I met a woman who was diagnosed in her 40's, like me, and started out with
the same meds.  8 months after her diagnosis she was having brain implant
surgery so that she would not be confined to a wheelchair.
        SO, how long do I have, and does it matter????
        Knowing that you have lived with early onset now for 20 or more years
gives me solid hope that I will be in the same catagory.  Thanks.
Marling McReynolds [log in to unmask]