On Sun 22 Dec, Milton E McLain wrote:
> Several message exchanges have appeared in the last few days which have
> described problems encountered upon taking Permax (pergolide).  Thanks, I
> needed these!
>
> I, too, have experienced similar effects since beginning Permax (on Nov.
> 14th) as a replacement for Artane.  My only other medication is Eldepryl.
>
> On Nov. 13th I saw a new neurologist.  My only complaint was more tremor
> in my right hand than I would like.  The doctor recommended switching to
> Permax and gave me a new prescription.  It has been mostly downhill
> since.  The tremor is just as bad -perhaps even worse.  And more
> annoying, I began experiencing difficulty in initiating movement,
> especially in my right hand/arm. Never had this problem before Permax.  I
> am only taking 0.25 mg three times a day.
>
> I am traveling now, but have made an  appointment with a different doctor
> in January.  This has got to change!
>
> Milton McLain

Hello Jeremy,  It is beginning to look as if you have the makings of a
relatively rare but quite clearly defined adverse reaction to Permax - one
which is not documented. I was going to suggest a survey and an attempt to
gather as many cases as possible, with the aim of getting a neurologist
somewhere interested, but I thought you would probably like to do it
yourself: Over to you?

Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>