Thanks, John Walker, for the post on aspartame resources. While I can't get
details on the web, I read in your post that ONE side effect is "numbness
and tingling of feet"--and this is something I started to have some time ago,
along with some swelling (as I posted earlier). After being off aspartame
for  several weeks I noticed the swelling was gone (Peter's also) but I still
have the numbness to a degree, and found the possible connection interesting.
(Doc said it was due to arthritis.)  I should say that we were into long-term
use of Equal,etc. so it may be relevant.  This was the first I'd seen this
particular symptom mentioned...thanks again!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7 Ohio