Henry,

Your heading definitely describes me this month.  I began it by missing my
support group's Christmas party (plus several others) because of a
flu-like virus.  Then I ended up in the hospital with severe abdominal
pains, which took a few days to clear up.  Then, two days before
Christmas, I took one of my spectacular falls at the mall.  Nothing's
broken, but lots of soreness, most of which is healing nicely except for
a sprained knee which makes it impossible for me to walk.

Just when I breathed a sigh of relief that the proverbial three things
had already happened, a friend and colleague died the day after Christmas
- a wonderful man in his forties with a lovely stay-at-home wife and
three young daughters.  This was a family that used to spend holidays at
their church feeding the families of poor people.  I'm at a loss to make
sense of any of it.

Into this doom and gloom came your ha-ha's.  If every I needed a laugh,
it was now.  Thanks for coming through.

Pat Schark

  pine`