My wife, Doris (73,3) has been taking oxygen because of a worsening
pulmonary shunt. The consequences for her Parkinson's has been remarkable.
Her insomnia which has plagued her terribly, has been sharply reduced. Her
Restless legs have almost disappeared. Her dyskinesia has been greatly
diminished. She has been maintaining her sinemet regimen. Has anyone else
been taking oxygen for other conditions and have they found that it affects
their parkison symptom?
        In a couple of weeks she will undertake a procedure to minimize the
effects of the pulmonary shift. The consequence should be a substantial
increase in the natural volume of oxygenated blood in her system. Hopefully
the symptomatic relief that she has received with the oxygen supplement will
persist.
        I am not suggesting that anyone should experiment with oxygen
therapy, but I am searching for more information.
Jules