Dear Members:

I am hoping some of you will be able to help me in discovering what is
happening to my mother.  She is 77 and has had PD for approximately 10 years.
 Recently, 5 weeks ago, she fell and shattered her shoulder.  Since that time
her health and independence has deteriorated rapidly to the point that we had
to admit her to a nursing home last Friday.  Where prior tothe fall she was
living on her own in a retirment community, she is now totally unable to care
for herself in any manner.  YesterdayI saw someone refer to Vicodin as
possibly being a problem.  My mom was receiving Vicodin for the pain up to
about one week ago.  She is not on Elderpryl (sp?) but on Parladel.  Has
anyone had any experience with rapid deterioration from Vicodin before?  Is
it reversible? What to do?  We are at our wits end with the ups and downs,
one hour she is better and then the next she is vomiting and totally
miserable.  My mom has lost more than ten lbs. in four weeks and can ill
afford to lose any more.  She seems to be terribly nausous most of the time.
 Also on occasion she has not been able to stand at all because of total
weakness, whereas we can usually get her to stand and walk a few (10 or so)
feet with the helf of a nurse and a four-pronged cane.  What suggestions do
yo have, PLEASE.

Thank you.

Katherine Brennan