At 8:33 PM 29/12/96, BRENDA D CHALLINGSWORTH wrote:
>Hello
>I've been a listener for a couple of months now.  When I first wrote I
>was having trouble with swelling of the ankles.  This problem has been
>taking care of and I wish to thank you all for your help.
>
>I now need your help again.  First a little back round info.  I'm 35
>years old and was diagnosed with parkinson 2 years ago.  The right side
>is affected worse than the left.  Now the problem, I started my treatment
>for parkinson with permax 1mg 3x a day.  A year later one of my doctors
>started me on eldepryl 5mg 2x a day.  On my last visit he started me on
>sinemet cr 50/200.  I took my first pill on Dec 23 an hour before
>bedtime.  I ended up vomiting for 2 hours, sweat from head to toes and
>than the chill for a couple of hours.  I did not continue because of the
>holiday and the fact the doctor who pre-scribed it went on vacation.  Has
>anyone had the same experience and did it go away if you kept taking the
>drug.
>
>Any info to this would be greatly appreciated.  you can send it to my
>email:
>
>Thanks for your time
>b.c.

I tried Sinemet 25/100 and got nauseated and had such bad vertigo that I
could not get out of bed. Some PWP cannot take L-Dopa. I am on the only
medication that I can take: Amantadine 100 mg and once a day Eldepryl.
However, I take: Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E; and Selenium, Zinc,
Ubiquinone, Folic acid. I started symptoms in 1987 after double coronary
bypass surgery. I was diagnosed in 1992 and tried all antiparkinson drugs.
I cannot take them. I am relatively well, having mainly dificulty walking.
My left side is weaker and tremor is intermittent. I sleep very well and
can take care of myself. Cheers, Ren=E9.