Marling McReynolds wrote:

> My symptoms are still fairly mild, including tremor in right hand and leg, with
> restless leg syndrome, and lately the restless leg also includes spasms which
> curly my toes.

Well Marling,they are not as mild as I expected and wished they were.
:-(

> My meds include Sinemet CR 50/200 4xday; Paxil 20mg 3xday; Eldepryl 5mg 2xday;
> and now Clonazepam .5mg 1-4xday as needed(I take it twice a day 12 hours apart)

Pardon my stupid as it may sound (since I am not a Doctor in PD),but I
would suspect that are too much drugs together and God's know what their
combination will endup in each person(each one is a complex chemical lab
diferent from every other person).

> I wish I could still compete in sports, however due to a knee injury I must be
> very careful about my right leg (yes the one with the tremor).  Part of my
> problem now is that since I have no cartiledge in the right knee and weakened
> tendons and ligaments, the restless leg spasms feel as if they are pulling my
> knee apart.

Only for your information I had a cirurgy in my left knee(removed the
meniscus due to a strong torsion during one match of soccer).After the
cirurgy and the removal of the gypsum some months later I thougth I
would never play soccer again in view of the really poor condition of my
left leg.Neverthless months of therapy works afterwards recovered the
muscles to a point about satisfactory enough to play soccer again.
I wonder if weren't possible that yours spasms in your leg couldn't be
caused somehow by the use of some undue med combination.

> Isn't it fun to have PD on top of other problems.  I guess I will also need to
> begin to write with my left hand as my writing is being effected when I am
> tired.

Remember that tiredness does the same even for people that are not
PDers.The problem is to find the cause of the tiredness.

> Sorry, I did not intend for this to turn into a bitch session.  I am sure many
> of you are worse off than I am, and I should be looking at the bright
> side,-------------if there is one--------oh yes------my tremor is at just the
> right rate now to shake a martini perfectly.

As for me,I prefer to see the real world situation as well as
mine,instead of having the pill golden,as they say,be through religious
beliefs or trying to blind ourselves from the true situation.Be what it
may be one has to drink the bitter and the sweet that life has to
offer(shaking or not shaking...  :-)  ),nothing pays it off,up to a
point he feels he had enough.

I do realize that you have a strong personality and is a good figther.

My wishes that 1997 brings to you the very best unexpected good
surprises in your life.

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+