Dennis G. and others,

I agree with you.  It helps me to know how PD effects others, and how we each
put up with it.  I can be glad that I do not have some of the symptoms others
have, yet I have my own unique ones.

My Doctor warned me with each medication about the possibility of nausea, upset
stomach, and possibly worse.  He said that most of the instructions say to take
on an empty stomach, however, if they upset me, he wanted me to eat something
such as bread with them.  I have never considered myself as having an iron
stomach, but none of the meds has as yet upset me.

The bad part for me is that I take the meds at first on a regular schedule and
then in a few weeks or months I am suddenly having tremors or shakes or restless
legs or whatever 20 minutes or so before my next scheduled dose.  Then I must
increase the meds to control everything.  I feel like I will eventually be
taking pills every hour around the clock---bad dream.

I also hate to take pills.  No that is not strong enough.  I DESPISE taking
pills.  My gp, trying to make me laugh, said I should begin to talk to the meds.
 'Oh good pills, make my hand stop shaking' 'Nice meds help to take the pain
away' and other such gook. --------------  Well, it sounds silly, however, when
I stop hating the pills, and begin to look on them as friends that are helping
me, I am probably getting a better reaction to them.

Sorry, I have run on again. I will get off.

I just wanted to tell Dennis G., I agree that we can and should share our
problems and solutions.  And, we must all listen to each other carefully, and to
our own doctors too.

Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]
in Sunny California where the river I live near is about to flood.  Not swimming
time here.