> Remember, you have one enormous advantage over any neurologist: Personal
> Experience. That is what (In my opinion) keeps people coming back for more.
> You may find that you are 'typical' in your response to a particular drug,
> or on the other hand you may be one of a smaller group of PWPs with abnormal
> reactions. It is vital for you to know which, because it governs the way
> that you should interpret the experiences of others.
> --
> Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>

Brian

To my opinion you don't need to defend yourself in any way for giving advice.
We all know you are a patient with an amazing knowledge and experience and not
a neurologist. In Holland the relation between patient and doctor has changed
much about the last 20 years. In earlier years it could happen a doctor
refused a patient who was a member of the patient organization.
For PWP's it is very important to have a neuro who is able to communicate,
because in evaluating the treatment, he has to rely on the story of the
patient. They can't in any way replace lab.results or X rays. On that aspect
every PWP is able to evaluate his neuro. Whenn he doesn't listen he can't be a
good one.
In giving each other advice we learn which questions we could ask our neuro's.
There is no fight between advice of other patients and advice of doctors, but
they are mutuel complementary.
                                       Ida Kamphuis
                                                 Holland