The other day I ran across a newspaper article reporting the results of a
statistical study on the incidence of Parkinson cases in certain occupations.
 Writers and designers were listed among the top ten job categories.  This
caught my eye because I worked for many years in a high tech company as a
technical writer with hardware and software design engineers.  I was
diagnosed earlier this year with PD.  The first four years with this company
were spent testing, repairing, and calibrating products before they were
shipped.  We used carbon tetrachloride to clean solder joints made during
repair.  It wasn't until I moved out of that environment that they switched
to a different chemical that was "safer".

During the final two years there I worked in a building which housed an
etched circuit board production line.  The engineering group was located on
the second floor which had a large part of the floor open to the production
line below.  To access my work area and other engineering areas required
walking a catwalk over the production area several times a day.  While
working in this building we had to evacuate at least once because of a major
chemical spill in the production area. This seems to point toward
environmental hazards as a cause for PD in my case.  Although the statistics
make me a strong candidate as well.

Health care providers were also listed.  Sorry, I can't remember the others
and don't know why I didn't clip the article; but maybe some of you saw it?