 I think the list is a wonderful mix of diverse personalities and I treasure
hearing everyone's opinions, suggestions, humorous asides, etc.  What makes
me very uncomfortable is when people attack a person by name.  My wish for
the new year is that we would discuss (and even attack) ideas and concepts
but leave the personal attacks off the list.  The discussion of pro life vs
euthanasia is a case in point. People expressed their opinions but nobody
attacked anyone personally, recognizing that everyone is entitled to their
heartfelt beliefs.
I also believe that subjects posted should have some relation to what is
being discussed.  It has been mentioned frequently that we each have a delete
button and can easily remove messages, if they are not what we expected and
that no one can be so busy that we can't find the time to delete.  I think
that everyone of us has days when we are too busy.  It is no more time
consuming to change the subject heading than it is to delete and it's a lot
more courteous.

Mary Sheehan