Marjorie, Barbara, et al,

I have no desire to prolong this discussion about David Boots, nor do I
think he will appreciate being talked about in this manner.

Suffice it to say, I too, know David very well, and I am well aware of his
personal situation. My thoughts have been expressed very eloquently by
Terrie Whittling and Rita Weeks. I can only add, David may live alone...but
he knows he is not alone.

At 09:38  27/12/96 -0500, Henry Guttentag wrote:

>Dear Judith and all members:
>I have seen my wife 62/9yrs go from the timid and even keeled bride/wife
>with a personality so sweet to a stubborn, arguemental, and mean
>personality. Her hate, depression, negative thinking has turned her into
>a women whose personality I do no longer recognize.

Unfortunately, most PWP do seem to possess Jekyll and Hyde personalities,
and often the frustration of coping with this condition does bring out the
Hyde personality, all too easily.

>While we all assume that it is the PD causing it, it is hard to overlook
>these latest characteristics when you live with it. The sin in this whole
>matter is that the patient does not admit that there is anything wrong
>and does not want help.

It is terribly difficult for Caregivers to deal with this situation, and it
is something that often requires professional help, for both the Caregiver
and the PWP. It is even more difficult if the PWP will not admit that a
problem exists. I certainly don't have all the answers. In my own case,
throwing a mug of hot coffee across the kitchen made me realize that I
needed help, but hopefully you can consult a family physician before...

>Please do not be bitter with some of us who are only caregivers and are
>not going through the pain the PWP goes through, nor do we totally
>understand the fear the PWP experiences.

Please do not be bitter with those of us who have PD, and do not realize
that you, our Caregivers are going through the same fear and pain.

>***Question -- for the benefit of all of us please advice if your mate or
>partner (PWP)  has gone through the drastic personality change I have
>witnessed in my partner.****

Speaking for myself, yes, Henry, I did go through a drastic personality
change, but I was fortunate enough to realize that help was needed.

Judith