Since I am new on this list, if I repeat what others have already said, I am
sorry.  Please let me know what you have been talking about, or what is most
important to you.  Like Mr. Walker, I am a researcher by profession, and a
casemanager/crisis counselor.

If you can imagine, the counselor needing a counselor or a doctor needing a
doctor.  It can be very difficult.  I know all the words and techniques people
will try to give me.  But, I cannot make them work most of the time for me.

I know that I must live with this thing, but sometimes I still look too far into
the future.  I cannot stand the thought that I will be completely helpless
someday.

David, even though I have my son at home, I am all alone with the PD and gout
and everything else.  I wish.......I don't know what to wish for.  The disease
to just go away? or to die and get it over?  or to have someone to share it
with?  I don't know.

I heard a story about how God makes everything even out in the end.  There was
an elderly couple.  She had arthritis so bad that there were days she hardly
moved at all.  Her husband had PD, perpetual motion.  At night they went to bed
side by side.  He would slide his hand under her neck and the tremor would
gently massage her to sleep.  Then he would remove his hand and turn over to
sleep himself, and all was still.
Love to all Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]