---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:   Randy D. Schmitzer, 74731,1456
TO:     Parkinsn list
DATE:   12/28/96 10:18 PM

        Hi, I am new to the Parkinsn. I am also a early onset PWP. I was first
diagnosed in 1990 at the age of 37. I am now 43.  My tremors at this time are
still restricted to my right arm. Also notice myself slowing down as time goes
on.  At first it was just a slight tremor and has progressed to a steady
pronounced tremor. I did have earlier symptoms and ask my family doctor about
them and was told it was essential tremor and not to worry and I didn't for a
while. After becomeing a newlywed and at my beautiful wifes insistance I changed
doctors and you can guess the rest. I notice how hard writting has become(right
handed). Amantidine has helped somewhat with that. I also take 5 mg of Eldepryl
twice a day. I had a hard time getting my body/system to accept this meds. DHEA
has helped me accept the meds.  I refuse to slow down and let this disease
consume me! I know my battle is a long and uphill one. I do not give in easy.
        I do enjoy reading everyone's input about there meds and anything that
helps the nonstop battle that we all endure. I do look forward to my daily
reading of the Parkinsn List.

Randy D. Schmitzer