----------

> >   When you think about it, it's after an operation, or auto
> accident, or other trauma, that they give you Demerol as a
> pain killer. Could it be that it is the Demerol that causes
> or aggravates the parkinsonian conditions?
>   Maybe not, but why take the risk!
>   Thanks again for sending me the package. That is very
> useful.
>   Regards, Ed

My husband developed PD after having surgery for a ruptured appendix.  I
noticed the first symptoms of his disease when he was still in the
hospital.  He was 38 at the time.

Maybe we should poll the list to find out how many other people here
developed PD subsequent to surgery or trauma.
-----
Happy New Year
Mary Ann