Hello, I am Norma at [log in to unmask], I am a co care giver for my father in
law, he was diagnosed with PD 3+ yrs ago, he seems to be so much worse than
the many cases I have read about.  He drools terribly, he has a blank
expressionless stare at all times, he is stooped but walk on his own fairly
well, he constantly gets lost, (no sense of direction at all), he is always
seeing people that are not really there, he comes up with scenarios that are
very real to him but are not real, he has bad blood pressure drop upon
standing, sometimes to the point of a momentary blackout.  He only has a
slight tremor,  he takes Permax .05mg 3x aday,  and Effexor which is an
antidepressant. He took Sinement before moving to live with us but due to his
wandering around and getting lost the Dr. believed he was over dosing himself
because he did not remember if he had taken the medicine, they changed him to
Permax.
We are having a tough time because he does not admit to being so bad, He
thinks that he can drive (no), and he thinks he can be left alone (no), and
he blames all of his ailments on Medication,  well I have been astounded on
how much medication that I have read other sufferers take, he is on such a
low dose compared to others.
He lives in a whole different reality and sometimes there is no convincing
him otherwise, I wonder how much of this is PD or is drugs,  does anyone have
dementia problems like this?  Well I will be glad to hear from others, Norma