Dear Dr. Winterkorn,

It is with sadness mixed with rejoicing that I welcome your "open"
participation in our forum. I wish you and all of us, a 1997-98 that will
bring the passage of the newly introduced Udall bill by both the House and
Senate and measurable advances to help control and maybe even take the first
concrete steps to the CURE.

May your courageous step, modeled after Dr. Janis', open heretofore
inaccessible strata of the medical profession so that many may join forces
with Drs. Fahn and Isacson who eloquently testified before congressional
sub-committees asking for increased funding in 1995 when the original Udall
bill was first introduced. As we prepare to mount our new battle and "rattle a
few chains", as you suggest, we need the dedicated participation of everyone!

There is so much to learn and to do, but we'll get there even typing with one
tremory finger, crawling on all fours, chanting 1,2 lift the foot, 3,4 move
some more!

Happy Birthday, Jacqueline!!

Margaret Tuchman(55yrs,dx1980) --NJ-DISTRICT 12
SIT POTENTIA TECUM   -   MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU