----------
> a statement that the only pain killer I would be able to gake with
Eldepryl was
> Tylanol.  Tylanol does nothing for me, so I cannot that any pain meds!  I
guess
> I better not have another round of Gout or abscessed tooth.
>
> If you know of pain meds we can take safely with Eldepryl, Sinemet CR,
Paxil, or
> Clonazepam, or others, please enlighten me and others.
> Marling McReynolds  [log in to unmask]

Marling, why can't you take Motrin?  Demerol would not be affective against
the bone pain of gout anyway.

Incidently, I work with Hospice patients who require state-of-the-art pain
control.  It is good for the members of this list to keep a couple of
things in mind when dealing with pain meds, not just for themselves - but
for their family members.

        1.  Bone and joint pain repond best to anti-inflammatory drugs
             (Ibuprophen, aspirin, or similar non-steriodal anti-inflammatory
             drugs (NSAIDS).  We give these drugs in cases of bone cancer.

        2.  Demerol should *never* be given for long-term pain control.  Morphine
             is the drug of choice, especially in sustain-release form.
-------
Happy New Year
Mary Ann