Barbara Mallut wrote:

> Bernard...
> In your comment, however, regarding the American views of physicians and
> lawyers, well, m'friend, you've seen there's obviously SOME kind of emotional
> "knee-jerk response" on our part ("our" being that 80% of the Americans on the
> list) <tho I really believe you should make that a North American viewpoint
> and include our northern neighbors in Canada, 'cause on THESE two subjects we
> seem to be strongly in accord!)..<Oooops!  I digress>, however, I believe
> you've not got the entire picture and have
> missed the mark on this one.... kinda-sorta.
>
> You see, we've all been raised to believe that doctors are practically the
> right hand of God.  We continue to believe that until we're rudely awakened by
> finding them to be mere mortals like the rest of us.  BIG shock!   Then, after

My favorite writer, :-)
You have done a excelent picture of the MDs and lawers in USA and I may
conclude that the picture is rather similar here in Brasil.Some of us
joke calling the corporation of MD as the "white mafia"(for their
corporative self preservation) and saying that all lawers are thieves as
a rule...(if you can see this as a joke).

Best of the best to you,

   +----| Joao Paulo de arvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+