I signed off the list prior to Christmas vacation thinking that I would not
rejoin.   But I found that I missed the daily exchanges, so here I am again.

After 18 years on medications, I have been experiencing periods of
freezing--I can't walk, but I can crawl.  I presume that I have reached the
point where medications (sinemet) is no longer effective.  I take
medications every two hours; meds include sinemet 25/100, permax,
amantadine, alprazolam, and benztropine.  I am hoping that the new drugs
being considered for release by the FDA will help.

My neurologist increased the strength of the permax in hopes that it would
help the sinemet be more effective.  I am thankful for those periods of that
the medications are working and can feel like a "normal" person.

To those of you who are newly diagnosed, do not give up hope.  When I was
first diagnosed the only drug to choose from was Sinemet; I look forward to
the new  year and the release of more effective medications.

If anyone out there has any suggestions about what to do during during freezing,
I'd appreciate any comments.

Keith Bushmaker  [log in to unmask]