Maryhelen

Good luck with 97!

We sure hope that it is a better year!  I am back with Dr. Pfeiffer although
it means traveling 14 hours to a neuro appointment!  My family MD (who has
been my main source of support) moved to Bangladesh to be a full time medical
missionary....a life long dream of his and his wife.  Fortunately, I chose to
stay with his senior partner in the practice......who it turns out was  a
medical school classmate of Dr. P and he also has 3 uncles with PD and lives
in somewhat of a dread that it is hereditary in his family and looks for
symptoms in himself!!! Couldn 't ask for more understanding from him at this
point!!

I am preparing to sell our home here, and move to a one level...
we actually have about 5000 sq ft in this counting the basement which is all
of my craft/sewing/packrat stuff.  Spent most of the fall sorting and will
have the garage sale of the century on the first springtime Saturday!
 Amazing what we can do without after hording it for a century and a half!!!
 I love to go to estate sales and search for the "bargains" that no one else
wants and realize now that I will never use!

Don is planning to resign his administrative duties at the UN-L and focus
wholly on teaching and research.........he is not overjoyed about this but
sees it as the common sense thing to do.............I think in 5 years he
will be delighted he made the decision.........but for now it is hard to
think about giving up a job that has been 7 days a week/18 hours/day for the
past 6 years. (Workaholic to the core!).

We will take a six month sabbatical probably in Palo Alto, CA...to be near
the older two children and to enable Don to refocus on research and get some
notes together to teach some undergraduate classes for the first time in many
years.

Our daughter (age 30) went to the MD thinking that she was pregnant with much
wanted baby #2 (Wyatt is 20 months old) and instead found out that she has
cervical cancer and for the next four years "baby #2" should be out of the
question. Along with the shock of diagnosis, 30th birthday and disappointment
she could use family around for a while next year.........we will probably go
out in June or Sept.......depends on when the house sells a bit.

I look forward to some facetoface interchange with the Northern CA group for
a few months.

Glad to see the "list" finally out of the bickering stage for a while!

Welcome to a new beginning for a new year!

Rita