>Subj:  Re: New Year greeting

Dear Rita

I'm so sorry I've been so self-involved I dropped off most all
communications. Thank you so much
for your support and understanding. I have greedily taken and absorbed the
strength given me by friends like you. My loss of faith in my doctors and the
spinning of all the tests grew to such a let-
down. Even after the Flouradopa PET scan and the FDG PET scan, the doctors of
both
UCLA and the Mayo Clinic could not agree on an  answer to the riddle. The
UCLA
doctors ad the Mayo Clinic doctors agreed that the BNI clinic was wrong
(about having typical PD & having the fetal surgery) scans showed I don't
have PD because
the area of the brain that shows damage in PD patients, shows no damage -
it's normal!
However, there are other areas that show decreased glucose metabolism which
UCLA feels
is indicative of CBGD (much worse than PD). The three Mayo Clinic doctors
said their
clinical evaluations disagree totally with UCLA's inteerpretation of the two
PET scans  - CBGD is not Sinemet responsive but my symptoms
are Sinemet responsive, and I may be suffering of an unidentifiable virus
causing
Parkinsonism symptoms and the virus might continue to progress, or stop on
it's own like a
miracle. Mayo Clinic has obsereved my 'progresss" over the last 1 1/2  years
(video aped me
from the sart) and they think I've improved (?). Both clinics said "wait 1-2
years and test
again and we'll see what the changes tell us. Sheesh!
It's been  hard to grasp such extreme possibilities - it is either something
worse than death,
or a dream "pie in the sky".I finally realized it's up to God & me. We are
told "..knock and
the door will be answered.." so I guess it's up to me to knock with all my
might and believe
I won't be let down.  The possibility of a happy ending now looks attainable
in the dark
thanks to help from frends like you. I don't doubt I'll fall many more times,
but that's okay as long as I can
get up again .. you've helped me realize that so far, I still can.

Here goes!

Love you both dearly!

Maryhelen