I recently ordered some of the drinks and granola-type bars from Hearty Balance and then (oops!) checked with Mom's doctors to be sure it would be ok to give them to her.  Luckily, it is -- but the internist double-checked her records first to be sure she had NO lung problems.  He said a high-carbo diet produces too much carbon dioxide for people with emphysema etc.  The literature from HB does say to check with your doctors, but the only specific condition they mention with concern is diabetes . . . I never thought of lungs with respect to food, and figured this would be a good heads-up to pass on.

Mary
cg for Louise 75/6