At 09:36 AM 1/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Allan Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> After several years of avoiding protein before the evening meal, Barbara
>> deveoped a fluid pocket under her left eye. Her internist - after ruling out
>> sinus problems and allergy, ran blood tests that led him to believe she was
>> suffering from a protein and vitamin deficiency. She has now started to
>> ingest protein at most meals and the fluid retention problem seems to have
>> completely dissappeared.
>
>Dear Allen,
>
>3) Keep fatty foods minimal. A high-fat meal can take 2-3 hours to leave
>the stomach. Any Sinemet that is in the stomach will also take 2-3 hours
>to leave the stomach, shortening its useful lifespan.

Kathrynne,

I disagree with you somewhat on the fatty foods. I find that fats by slowing
the dumping/digestive process extend the uptake of levodopa over a longer
period of time. The big drawback is the extra pounds plus "coming ON" is slower.

Everybody's innerds  are a bit  different. What works for me doesn't work
for everyone else...and vice versa.

Will

>Kathrynne
>
>--
>Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
>Editor-in-Chief,
>"Spotlight on Food--nutrition news for people 60-plus"
>Tel: 970-493-6532   Fax: 970-493-6538
>http://www.fortnet.org/~fivstar
>You may wish to contact:
>Better Business Bureau of the Mountain States,
>for further information.

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter