I missed a slew of stuff written here about Permax recently.  My kids decided
to have their babies this year and I've been busy.  What was the jist of the
Permax controversy?  Please send  to my e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

People either rave about or hate Permax.  I took it for a month and couldn't
hear - stuffed up nose and eustachian tubes Plus a few more unpleasant side
effects.  I had read that Permax was good at soothing Restless Legs Syndrome
and I think that is correct, but it exacerbated the nocturnal myoclonus
(jerking) which is almost more than I can bear and hoping that will ease up
with time - Permax takes weeks to clear out of the body.

Ann Rutherford:  I'd love to visit my home and native land....Newfoundland.
 Give me details about your meeting this spring.  I'd like to take a side
trip to Iceland and soak in those thermal pools.  Have you done that?  Maybe
we could interest the PD world in setting up a Pee Dee Village there - with
message therapists, salt rubs, exercises in the warm pools - this has to be
therapeutic.  For those with advanced PD we would  have first floor easy
access  apartments, smooth flat sidewalks for walking or riding golf carts to
the local on the property shopping with clerks who know the dressing and
quaffing problems we face.  We could hire a couple of nurse practitioners and
the healthi  er PWP would help.

I keep dreaming.

Happy New Year ---- Barbara Yacos RN