My pending hernia correction caused me to ask about drugs that those
with PD can take.  I receivd lists and valuable advice, although it is
not clear to me whether there is a pain medication that can be taken
safely, with demerol,  and opiates ruled out.  Codeine?

Severe nausea on taking sinemet for the first time was reported on the
list in the last few days.  Many of the anti-nausea drugs are ruled out
because of their dopamine-blocking effect.

On the television there has been much argument concerning votes in
Arizona and California permitting medical use of marijuana.  Does anyone
know how PD and marijuana interact (obviously not from personal
experience)?   While marijuana does nothing for pain, it's use as an
anti-nausea agent is well known.  Is it like compazine and other
antinausea drug harmful to those with PD?  Or do we have an interest in
the controversy?