Martha,

I share your concern about drugs used during surgery. The best bet is to
find out in advance what drugs will be used for your husband before,
during, and after his surgery; then check with your neuro about their safety.

When I was taking eldepryl and needed surgery, I had a hard time
convincing my surgeon not to give me demerol.  I finally had to have the
neurologist call him to tell him  it was dangerous.  That convinced me
that we need to take control of our own bodies; the ignorance about pd
I've encountered among doctors is appalling.

I'm about the same size as your husband and routinely warn doctors to
give me half the medication everyone else gets.  That usually works for
me.  Stil, a doctor recently told me to take an aleve tablet after every
meal.  I double checked with my pharmacist, who verified my concern that
I would be tremendously overdosed if I did.  I question everything anymore.

Godo luck.

Pat Schark

  pine`