I noted in a book in my Neurologist's office the statement that PDers seemed
more embarressed by their tremor than any other tremor suffers.  The author
could not understand this.  I thought about it for quite a while, and came to
the conclusion that the reason I get upset about my tremor in or out of public
is that it is a reminder of what I have--PD.  It is a reminder that this is not
just a tremor, but a progressive condition and that it will get worse.  It is a
reminder of where I will end up eventually and I hate to be reminded of it,
especially in public.

Sometimes people stare when my hand starts to tremor, but for the most part I
live in a small community.  The people here are my friends and long time
acquaintences.  When they ask, I tell the truth, and they feel sorry, but want
to help.  And usually ignore it from then on.  Worse than my hand tremor is my
leg.  I go to many meetings, and almost everytime my right leg will begin to
tremble.  I must hold it with my other leg, or let it tap.  Sometimes, people
must think I am listening to music they cannot hear.

Oh yes, one more thing.  Congratulate me.
I have developed my FIRST EVER Hemroid!
My depression is back, with a vengence.  I have been thinking of not taking
anything and letting the PD get me now, rather than waiting.
Any suggestions as how to keep my spirits up,or whereever they are supposed to
be.??..

PD forever or until a cure is really found>>>>>>

Marling McReynolds
Director SHCRC the People Center
mail: Box 2017, Redway, CA 95560
77 Avenue of the Giants